Addictive?
Cannabis
by Revelati0n
Citation:   Revelati0n. "Addictive?: An Experience with Cannabis (exp7502)". Erowid.org. Sep 27, 2002. erowid.org/exp/7502

smoked Cannabis (plant material)

They say pot isn't addictive... And it's not, PHYSICALLY addictive, but I am definetly mentally addicted. It's kinda odd actually, because alot of times I don't really want to get high, but I still find myself reaching for a bowl. The craziest thing I've ever done in search of weed is crawl around on the floor looking for buds I might have dropped while packing a bowl the night before. I get odd, INTENSE cravings out of the blue. I get high at the most inappropriate times, and I don't even know why... I also go well over recommended doses. For instance, if I come across some so-called 'one-hit shit', I'll smoke it all, and get totally wasted. Like once I got a gram of some really nice orange hair shit... COVERED in crystals. It was all gone withing an hour! I've found myself barely able to move, still hitting up a bowl. It's like there is no such thing as 'too stoned' in my mind.

But I'd like to end this submission on a positive note...I love weed! It's great, I've expanded my mind ALOT. I've dropped all of my previous predjudices, and find myself a better person than before I started smoking... Often scrounging for money to give to a poor homeless guy on a street corner, when I used to just laugh and say that he needs to go find a job. Or 'Yeah right, look at those tennis shoes. He's a llllliiiiiiaaaarrrrr'. So even if pot is psychologicly addictive, what better thing to get addictive to?

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7502
Published: Sep 27, 2002Views: 19,681
Cannabis (1) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Unknown Context (20)