Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Withdrawal Nightmare
Methadone & Buprenorphine with Naloxone
by Fuckbait
Citation:   Fuckbait. "Withdrawal Nightmare: An Experience with Methadone & Buprenorphine with Naloxone (exp74723)". Erowid.org. Jan 18, 2017. erowid.org/exp/74723

Methadone
  T+ 48:00 8 mg   Pharms - Buprenorphine
  T+ 48:00 2 mg   Naloxone

I was using 120mg of methadone every 2 or 3 days. I ran out, but had some of these 8mg suboxone stored away and I took one 48 hours after taking Methadone. It sent me into absolute precipitated-withdrawal. And then, thinking I had not taken enough, took another dose 12 hours later!

If I am using a good amount of Oxy in the evening and I run out and decide I'm going to bump a crushed up suboxone, I am in for one hell of a terrible evening.

The best and only real use for suboxone is withdrawal. I can use Suboxone for Methadone withdrawal but only after a great amount of time (about a week). In between that time I can use morphine or oxy or heroin or really anything to ease the pain, but again, all these drugs are short acting opiates (I don't give a damn what anyone says: when I crush up oxy and snort the motherfucker, its not going to work but for a few hours) that is if I am really trying to quit.

In my opinion, at this time in my life, I see no more difficult and long acting or more evil drug than Methadone. The shit is so difficult to break free from. Withdrawal itself is terrible, but I give you this one thing: 'If I make it through this, through all the sleepness days and nights and days and nights, and sweats and shakes and not eating, not sleeping, not sleeping some more, drinking water, pissing every 20 minutes, sweating, aching, sweating, irritated to the point if you say one more fucking about anything I'll rip your fucking head off and sweating and irritating and there is no end...', if I make it through all of that, I will be indestructible.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 74723
Published: Jan 18, 2017Views: 1,585
Methadone (166), Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Not Applicable (38), Addiction & Habituation (10)