Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
A Look Into the Void
Ayahuasca
by fearless
Citation:   fearless. "A Look Into the Void: An Experience with Ayahuasca (exp74685)". Erowid.org. Jan 26, 2015. erowid.org/exp/74685

oral Ayahuasca (liquid)

Last night occurred the most profound and frankly terrifying of all the experiences of psychoactive substances i have taken. I drank the medicine around 9:30. The experience started after about 45 minutes with the much expected purging. I was tossed in to a realm of insanity, which brought intense sadness and also infinite bliss. I was comforted by an unseen entity, which was essentially my 'sitter'.

The experience seemed to be based upon one thought one question which equated to life and death itself. Over and over this question, this statement was asked and told with no definite answer and no definite meaning. My perception of life has been utterly demolished by having to face my own death right in front of me. There is much more to this story but I've yet to interpret it. I see now how much i have taken for granted, a flicker of hope in the endless void.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 74685
Published: Jan 26, 2015Views: 2,703
Ayahuasca (8) : Entities / Beings (37), Difficult Experiences (5), Unknown Context (20)