Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Sweetness into Cathartic Silliness and Beyond
GBL, Alcohol & Cannabis
by jahshwa
Citation:   jahshwa. "Sweetness into Cathartic Silliness and Beyond: An Experience with GBL, Alcohol & Cannabis (exp74447)". Erowid.org. Apr 12, 2016. erowid.org/exp/74447

repeated oral GBL
    repeated oral Alcohol
    oral GBL
  1 cup oral Coffee
      Cannabis

I was really assured and happy when imbibing my first dose of GBL -- I felt emotionally sensitive and appreciative of everyone around me. I experienced honest conversations where I shared a lot - perhaps too much about the way I felt.

That was before the alcohol. I went home to rest and drink and wait for friends to arrive, who gave me more GBL. I didn't realize I was tipping the scales a bit. What can I say? I almost exhibited Tourrette's Syndrome. Lots of extraneous cursing and childishly silly antics. Literally no inhibitions whatsoever. I rolled around laughing until I busted my ass! I have a giant bruise on my hip.

I played shirtless with my cat in the grass laughing hysterically for half an hour. This was early Wednesday morning in my yard. What WILL the neighbors think?

Yeah, that was fun. The overall effect for me was a bit embarrassing. I didn't have any health issues (besides the hip). Honestly, it was probably cathartic and healthy -- but I would highly suggest never mixing it with alcohol. I don't like having all of the stops pulled out.

There is a major difference between experiencing this substance on its own vs. experiencing it after an all-nighter with a cup of coffee and 5 beers. I didn't realize how major this difference would be. I don't suggest mixing them at all.

[at time of report submission, Cannabis mentioned as a Reported Substance but not mentioned under Dose or in the report itself]

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 74447
Published: Apr 12, 2016Views: 1,474
GBL (89) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)