Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Don't Try This Before Bed!
Catuaba
by MoltoSleepy
Citation:   MoltoSleepy. "Don't Try This Before Bed!: An Experience with Catuaba (exp73706)". Erowid.org. Oct 19, 2015. erowid.org/exp/73706

smoked Cannabis
  2 g oral Catuaba (tea)
    smoked Cannabis
    oral Valerian (extract)

After my first use of Catuaba I'm left excited about its effects, though I totally misused it this time. I'm not sure about how normal or unique my personal composition is - I'm in my mid 20's, I smoke pot daily, sometimes take other herbal supplements, etc. Have done mushrooms for the first and second times recently, tried a huge bowl of standard Salvia and felt nothing but a little vibrating.

Anyway, my one suggestion is to not try this before bed. I wasn't exactly up all night - I fell right to sleep, probably because I was baked, but I woke up at 2am like usual to take a leak and I couldn't get back to bed. Had to retoke and take some Valerian extract, and it still took a couple hours of trying to meditate on the sound of the air conditioner. I'm exhausted today.

Oh yeah, and I was sort of like Bob from Enzyte. Uncontrollable wood. First time I've ever been totally rock hard without feeling turned on at all, so it was a little different. Had to take care of that, so to speak, and it still wasn't entirely satisfied. I can really see a use for this, and I only tried it before bed because I heard it can lead to erotic dreams. That didn't happen to my knowledge, even with the help of Valerian, which I have found almost guarantees me great dreams.

A totally useful substance, but until I know it better I won't be taking it after noon anymore.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 73706
Published: Oct 19, 2015Views: 4,746
Catuaba (325) : Combinations (3), General (1), Alone (16)