Can't Place My Finger On It
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Keith/PuppyNuts
Citation:   Keith/PuppyNuts. "Can't Place My Finger On It: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (exp73612)". Erowid.org. Jan 9, 2009. erowid.org/exp/73612

repeated oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

Well I was prescribed Ambien for my sleep problems due to PTSD from Iraq. I was skeptical. They told me to take the 10 mg pill and immediately lay down and try to sleep.

It worked well the first night, but the second night I got caught up in some work after I took it. Things started looking a bit fuzzy and felt like I was moving and other stuff was shifting around on me. Little color spots. I went to bed there.

The next week my girlfriend spent the night and she said I had the same problems before I went to sleep but she woke me up and I started sleepwalking. Sat down in a corner and talked to a little boy who really wasn't there. Scared her. I never remember any of this stuff the morning after but everyone else does. It's a weird feeling though, not normal forgetfullness. I know I was doing something, I just can't place my finger on it.

So overall I become somewhat loopy, lose my sense of balance, food tastes better, I may see things that don't exist.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 73612
Published: Jan 9, 2009Views: 13,682
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : General (1), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)