Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Did I OD?
Tobacco (Cigar)
by just matt
Citation:   just matt. "Did I OD?: An Experience with Tobacco (Cigar) (exp73442)". Erowid.org. Sep 18, 2008. erowid.org/exp/73442

smoked Tobacco (dried)

I am a 210 lb 6í3 male in fairly good shape and good health. I do not take any form of prescription medication, nor do I smoke weed or have even taken any sort of psychoactive substance within the last month.

While I do not routinely take any form of drug I have dabbled in enough, but in everything I have done cigars have always held a special place in my heart until unfortunately now. So here is the set up; I am going to college in less than a week and this was my last day off before I would have to start packing and stuff so I figured I would relax the best way I knew how, with a good cigar! (Bad choice). So I go and visit my favorite cigar shop down the road and after a friendly conversation with the really cool owner of said store I selected a beauty. This sucker was huge, I'd say about an inch thick and at least seven inches long (no dick jokes) torpedo style.

So I go outside and light it up. Burns great, tastes great, everything is great. And then suddenly everything is not so great. I donít feel like the classic happy feeling I usually do, there is no head rush, instead I feel both incredibly light and incredibly heavy. I have to lean my back against the wall of my house to keep from falling over, everything starts to spin and I think I am going to pass out. But then that passes so I think Ďhey I paid for this so I'll finish ití yet another big mistake. I get two thirds of the way through and decide I canít finish hell I can hardly keep conscious. So I go back inside and lay down but the room is spinning and I am sweating profusely and I donít exactly feel sick but I donít feel right everything is just horribly wrong. After a little while I realize I am going to throw up so I run to the bathroom and dry heave into the toilet. Now I have a really strong constitution, itís almost impossible to make me throw up but this time boy did I throw up. Five huge purges later and I am lying on my bathroom floor covered in sweat and drooling like crazy and I feel like little bugs are crawling all over me. Eventually I manage to get up and clean myself off and take a shower but I donít feel right for at least another hour.

So all in all it was pretty friken horrible, maybe someday I will try them again but no time soon.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 73442
Published: Sep 18, 2008Views: 27,374
Tobacco (47) : Alone (16), Overdose (29), Health Problems (27)