More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Pleasant Mild Buzz, Good Dreams
Tobacco Blend
by herbalsmoker
Citation:   herbalsmoker. "Pleasant Mild Buzz, Good Dreams: An Experience with Tobacco Blend (exp73309)". Erowid.org. Feb 13, 2018. erowid.org/exp/73309

smoked Tobacco
    smoked Uvaursi
    smoked Spearmint
    smoked Salvia apiana

Since I've started rolling my own cigarettes, I've been wanting to experiment with herbal blends. So, I started researching different smoking herbs online, and came across 'kinnick kinnick', which usually just refers to bearberry leaves, but can also mean a blend of bearberry with ingredients like red willow bark, osha root, and yerba buena. At a local liquor store I found a pre-mixed blend from American Spirit called the 'Pow-Wow Blend' which contains tobacco, bearberry leaves, spearmint, sage, and red willow. I was stoked to see it and decided to try it immediately.

I had rolling papers and filters on hand so I rolled a terrible cigarette in the car after I bought it. You really have to mortar and pestle the bearberry and red willow to roll good cigarettes with this stuff, or use a pipe, but I don't have a pipe, yet. Anyway, I smoked the horribly rolled cigarette, and noticed immediately that this is nowhere near as harsh as straight tobacco. I didn't even get a nicotine buzz from it, or notice much of a taste, besides a pleasant hint of spearmint. It was alright, but it wasn't until I went grocery shopping about 10 minutes later that I noticed a mild euphoric feeling, similar to the first time I smoked weed.
I noticed a mild euphoric feeling, similar to the first time I smoked weed.
It was pleasant because it was more of a grounded feeling than I get from smoking weed, without time dilation or giddiness.

I've been smoking about 3 cigs/day of this stuff for 2 days now. They're much better cigarettes since I've been crushing the bark and leaves in this blend. Takes a while to sort it out, but it's worth it. Every time I've had a good buzz. And, the dreams I've been having are much more vivid than my normal dreams. Very fun!

I did not like how I felt after I had a drink, though. 1 shot of gin, which usually makes me feel great, instead just kind of messed up this nice buzz I had going, and I had a headache afterward.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 73309
Published: Feb 13, 2018Views: 1,435
Uvaursi (659), Tobacco (47) : Combinations (3), Unknown Context (20)