Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Why I Quit
Inhalants (Gasoline)
by Twin Uzis
Citation:   Twin Uzis. "Why I Quit: An Experience with Inhalants (Gasoline) (exp73303)". Erowid.org. Apr 23, 2018. erowid.org/exp/73303

repeated inhaled Inhalants

[Erowid Note: Our understanding of the literature is that there is no such thing as safe recreational use of volatile solvents, aerosols and other street inhalants : their psychoactive effects are inseparable from nerve and organ damage. We have chosen to include these reports to help document the real world use of inhalants, but their inclusion is not intended to imply that they are anything but dangerous.]

I had heard that huffing gasoline was an easy way to trip, so I decided to try it.

The very first time I tried it, I noticed my vision go 'trippy.' It was like I could see the atoms in the air. All sound, especially my breathing, became deep, distorted, and echoed. I also noticed this warm feeling creeping over me, and I had this happy feeling. Then, suddently, I lost myself. I didn't exist, but I was just 'there.' Scientists were launching a rocket into space. The rocket itself looked like something a child would draw, red in color, and shaped like it had been quickly sketched. I was in space, watching the ship fly by me, when I suddenly snapped out of it. As it turned out, I had been moving my hand in fron of my face, and that was the ship. That wasn't so bad.

The next time, I had actually done so much that I passed out, then I got up in the state of mind that nothing was wrong, and continued to do more. Then as I was just standing there, listening to myself breathe, it was as if I could suddenly 'feel' the left and right sides of my brain, an effect that has never wore off. I noticed, then, I could 'see' my own face in front of me, without a mirror, and if I moved my face, it did to. Then, it was as if I suddenly 'realized' that my life had reached a peak, and in a few seconds, my life was going to start over from birth, and I just 'knew' that it had happened before, and it would happen again forever. I felt confined, suddenly, and ran outside into the street, almost being hit by a car, and I noticed that my house, combined with the clouds right over it, looked like to giant, cartoony duck heads.

Over the course of the final few times, I first had a trip where I was watching a cartoon, and there was an orange square at the bottom, with strange writing on it. At a later time, it was 'revealed' to me that there were two identical orange tiles, and they 'were' existance. And as long as they were touching, we existed. However, there were two identical grey tiles that 'were' nothingness, and as long as they never touched, we were fine. After I had that 'revalation,' every single time after, the Existance tiles were drifting apart, and the Nothingness tiles were getting closer. This really freaked me out, and is one reason I quit.

The others were the terrible taste, and massive headache, combined with the lost braincells did not justify the 5-10 minute trip.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 73303
Published: Apr 23, 2018Views: 2,298
Inhalants (29) : Not Applicable (38), General (1)