It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Insomnia Cure
Mushrooms - P. subaeruginosa
by Polantis
Citation:   Polantis. "Insomnia Cure: An Experience with Mushrooms - P. subaeruginosa (ID 72547)". Erowid.org. Jul 21, 2008. erowid.org/exp/72547

DOSE: 2.8 g oral Mushrooms - P. subaeruginosa (dried)

I'm a 22yr old male who prior to this trip have smoke a fair wad O' pot, ecstasy 5 times, speed twice (yuck!) and think I may have had a pill with K in it.

Since the start of this year I have had bad insomnia. I'd spend 5-6 nights a week, watching the clock til about 6am, then sleeping an hour or so before waking again. I was always tired, which was odd for me always always having been a big sleeper. Although I think I did get some rest, just laying in a conscious meditative like state, other wise I'd be dead or have some sort of mental problems. I tried, Valerian root, tea's, Chinese medicines, all kinda of Pre-sleeping rituals and nothing helped. Even getting extremely stoned did nothing, if anything I'd be more alert, pondering like mad.

I decided to take mushrooms with 3 of my good friends in a well thought out set and setting. I had a mind blowing, fun day. That night after tripping, just as I was reaching for a sleeping tablet as sometimes I did (just to get an hour or so) I yawned. But not like my usual yawn, I was tired, truly tired. And I slept for 14 hours in the best sleep of my life. Since then I have slept like a baby every single night. And of coarse feeling alot clearer, energetic and happier during the day.

I never thought I'd feel healthier after taking drugs!

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 72547