Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
3 Months of Hell
DXM with CPM
by Ala
Citation:   Ala. "3 Months of Hell: An Experience with DXM with CPM (exp72273)". Erowid.org. Dec 17, 2008. erowid.org/exp/72273

oral DXM (daily)

[Erowid Note: Most Coricidin contains CPM (Chlorpheniramine Maleate) which can be dangerous in high doses. See DXM Brand Warnings for more info.]

It all started in February, where I tried them for the first time. I was hooked.

I don't really remember what else happened, but I remember around April it got really bad. I was taking 8-11 pills everyday, second period in school. At the end, I would always run into the bathroom and puke out the pink shit in triple c's. I just kept doing them and doing them, almost every other day, and it almost ruined my life. I went from fairly average grades, to getting D's and F's in almost every class. I just didn't care anymore.

One day I skipped school with my friend, and took 14 pills. I was trippin balls, and we got back to my house around 10 am. Soon after that, I got texts from everyone saying I was fucked and I had to come back to school. In panic, me and my friend hitched a ride with my cleaning lady and went back to school. We had a long, which seemed almost forever talk with my principal, while trippin. It was actually only an hour, but it seemed like 3. After that, I got sent home early and that was that.

The next day, my other friend took 8 pills and was carted out of school in a hospital stretcher. Unfortunantly, I had a sheet of triple c's on me and got searched, getting suspended for 10 days. My life hasn't really been the same anymore. I got sent to drug counseling, not a stay in rehab, but 3 days a week for 3 hours.

I haven't touched triple c's since May 28th, but Iíve had to suffer the consequences. My memory is almost shot, every time someone tells me something, most of the time I forget it 20 minutes later. I repeat things or stories over and over again to my friends, because I donít realize that Iíve already told them. Thereís something wrong with my heart, yet I still need to figure out whatís up with it.

When I ask my friends what I was like when I went through my heavy usage, they said 'You looked pale, you didnít look like you were there, you looked dead.' And I just remember feeling dead, all the time. Triple c's arenít something you should be playing with, I lost almost everything, I had to appeal 2 credits, I almost flunked freshman year because I skipped every day. I just lost my ability to care. Triple c's were always on my mind.

Itís been 2 months since Iíve touched them, but I still think about them every day, and I still miss the way they used to make me feel. I can say I was addicted, and still am. But I know if I started again, Iíd just go right back down the same path I did before.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 72273
Published: Dec 17, 2008Views: 24,038
DXM (22), Chlorpheniramine Maleate (164) : Health Problems (27), Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)