Violent Shuddering
4-Acetoxy-DiPT
by Tara
Citation:   Tara. "Violent Shuddering: An Experience with 4-Acetoxy-DiPT (exp7223)". Erowid.org. Jun 4, 2001. erowid.org/exp/7223

20 mg oral 4-AcO-DiPT (powder / crystals)

We did not have a scale, but my companion is a 'measure-ist' and says it was about 20mgs.

It was about 9 PM as we sat in the living room in anticipation. Having read, 'skirting with transcendence' as part of Shulgin's description, we were hopeful for a full-blown entheogenic delight!

About 15-20 Minutes into it I felt a strong and clear whoosh of 'NO'! I - who hates vomiting, ran to the bathroom to stick my fingers down my throat, wretched a few times, but nothing came up. Felt dreadful sense of sudden death impending. Intense, involuntary muscular contractions, which continued for three hours! There were times in all this that I was able to think lucidly, trying to remember whether Parkinson's disease was a result of too much or too little dopamine, and wondering if I was going to come out of it and be OK, or forever be a quivering heap! In one lucid fragment, I asked Robert to help me get into a warm bath, thinking the warmth might sooth the shuddering, or at least some relief to my muscles which were aching so badly - and it did help a bit, but not for long. We actually talked about calling 911, something we had only ever considered once before, on an earlier excursion, but never did. The spasms started to subside, at which he then began to feel bad; he had some idea that something that had possessed me had now 'gotten into him'. We did call my daughter-in-law - a dancesafe volunteer, she and my son, (both experienced) were at a nearby party - they decided to drive over. By the time the kids arrived the worst was over. At this point the trip was definitely psychedelic, in a fragmented kind of way. I could not sleep that night, laid awake feeling so grateful that I was finally able to be still, and thinking that maybe my tripping days are over? and yet, and yet! Although there were no enlightening insights or transcendent ecstasies on the experience, when it was over I felt really grateful to be still alive, and a deepening my appreciation of my fine tripping companion, and was moved by the caring concern from the 'kids'.

'The Soul lives like a drop of mercury in the palm of a palsied man' - Rumi

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7223
Published: Jun 4, 2001Views: 24,010
4-AcO-DiPT (55) : Difficult Experiences (5), Bad Trips (6), Health Problems (27), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)