Nothing Special
DiPT
by Psilocybe
Citation:   Psilocybe. "Nothing Special: An Experience with DiPT (exp72156)". Erowid.org. Sep 22, 2008. erowid.org/exp/72156

DiPT

Having aquired a gram of this substance many years ago, I have now just tonight exausted my supply and am experiencing the effects of my last dose as I write this.

In all of my experience with this drug--- which I have never mixed with any other substance- there appears to be no cognitive changes whatsoever. The only change that is prominent is the auditory effect that has been well documented.

It's an interesting substance in that it is a tryptomine and it has no distinct cognitive effects other than the auditory ones, and I'm sure Shulgin was very impressed when he first tried this one out as I was initially.

But in repeated uses, the only constant is the auditory (lowering of pitch) nature and there is nothing deeper (at least for me) to this drug at all. I don't have a milligram accurate scale, but the highest dose I've probably taken is 150mg orally. And I have only experienced the auditory effects and nothing else. Not even a slight change in my thinking.

I'm not sure of the legality of this drug anymore-- as I got it when these substances were more or less legal, but I won't try this drug again as it has nothing to offer for me at this point in my life.

Again, I have never mixed this drug with any-other, and I assume THC could really potentiate possible 'psychedelic' effects of this drug more than what I have felt with just DiPT alone.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 72156
Published: Sep 22, 2008Views: 6,936
DiPT (110) : Various (28), Retrospective / Summary (11)