Naloxone Access & Experience Survey
Help out researchers at Emory University School of Medicine by answering a short 5-15 minute survey on your thoughts about and experiences with naloxone and opiates. [ Go To Survey ]
I Quit Smoking
Hydrocodone & Tobacco
by Mark
Citation:   Mark. "I Quit Smoking: An Experience with Hydrocodone & Tobacco (exp71945)". Erowid.org. Jun 18, 2008. erowid.org/exp/71945

5.0 mg oral Hydrocodone (daily)

I was prescribed hydrocodone after some routine oral surgery. I had been trying to quit smoking off and on for years. The chemical depression of stopping always got the best of me and within a few days, I would give up my attempt.

Quitting with hydrocodone is a breeze. No depression, irritability, or cravings. There was the thought of smoking, but it had no urgency. I took the hydrocodone as directed, and when I ran out, that was it.

I no longer smoke and had no problem with needing any more opiates - although it the opportunity arises ....

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 71945
Published: Jun 18, 2008Views: 15,751
Hydrocodone (111), Tobacco - Cigarettes (266) : Multi-Day Experience (13), Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)