Chatterbox Syndrome
Methylphenidate
by Pumpkin
Citation:   Pumpkin. "Chatterbox Syndrome: An Experience with Methylphenidate (exp71812)". Erowid.org. Jul 20, 2016. erowid.org/exp/71812

54 mg oral Pharms - Methylphenidate (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 27 mg insufflated Pharms - Methylphenidate (ground / crushed)
  T+ 2:45 54 mg oral Pharms - Methylphenidate (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:45 27 mg insufflated Pharms - Methylphenidate (ground / crushed)
  T+ 6:25 27 mg oral Pharms - Methylphenidate (ground / crushed)
  T+ 6:30   smoked Cannabis

Methylphenidate (Concerta)- 189mg (54mg insufflated & 135mg oral) pill/tablet
Cannabis- 1.2 grams - smoked
Caffeine- 1.75 liters of soda - oral
Nicotine- 14 cigarettes - smoked

[Note: I had eaten a full meal about a half hour prior. Experiences may be different on an empty stomach.]

Setting:
My Fiancť and I had just come home from his father's viewing. We live in a one-story house with his mom, two younger sisters, and his grand-mom was spending the night. It is a Wednesday night and we are both kind of down in the dumps about the viewing and knowing that we have to go to the actual funeral tomorrow morning. Earlier today, a friend offered us some of his ADHD meds (Concerta). We are always up for a new experience and jumped on the opportunity.

About Me:
Iím a female college sophomore, I am 5í7Ē and weigh 170lbs. I am engaged to my man whom I live with, J. We tend to experiment with a variety of drugs including Cannabis, most Opiates, Stimulates (Cocaine), DXM, and Salvia, to name few. I also have been diagnosed with depression, but do not take any meds for it. Just like anyone else, my experiences may be different from yours so keep an open mind whenever trying something new.

Experience:

11:00pm- We arrived home and decided to break out the pills. We took 54mg (unbroken) orally and cut one in half. I removed the outer coating and then a plastic like second coating and my fiancť swallowed them because he heard that there is an active ingredient in them to enhance the high. It broke out into red, blue, and white powder. I insufflated half of a 54mg (28mg). It was extremely hard to break up and was a little harsh on the nostrils.

11:20pm- I start feeling very energetic and motivated. I wanted to do things, stay active, and extremely talkative. My fiancť vomited a little but had not eaten much that day and he claims it was because of the drip. I headed into the living room to talk with my fiancťís grand-mom and mom. I was hooked on every word they were saying and felt as though I had never been so concentrated in my life.

11:30pm- Smoked a bowl of cannabis with my man then headed back into the living room for more stories.

12:15am- Still talking with the moms in the living room. I felt very euphoric out of nowhere. Nothing made me sad or irritated. I kept noticing how cute my fiancť was sitting next to me on the computer. I noticed many things I wouldnít usually pay any mind to, small details about people, the room, and the TV. I must have smoked at least 4 cigarettes between the starting time and now.

1:10am- I am telling you that this drug made me feel so passionately about everything. I was loving life at this point! Still hooked on every word of ever conversation and on cigarette number 8 by now.

1:45am- ANXIETY! I felt the effects of the drug starting to wear off and became extremely anxious and depressed.. Not suicidal or anything but everything irritated me. It had to be the worst low Iíve ever experienced. I insufflated 28mg of methylphenidate and took the coating from that and 54mg more orally (I cut it in half this time.)

2:00am- Finally that release from darkness. I am rainbows and sunshine. Euphoric feeling returned. Happy go lucky, motivated, stimulated, and felt coherent with all of my surroundings. No appetite yet though.

3:11am- Still feeling good, a little anxious but not like before. Chewing gum to get rid of the drip... It works wonders. Smoking cigarettes like non-stop. Euphoric feeling still there. Taking that coating orally didnít make a noticeable difference in the high. I feel like Iím running at 200% of my bodyís potential. I am amazingly aware of all my senses and all of my facial expressions/movements.

3:26am- Starting to come down a little and waiting for the orally ingested pill to kick in. (damn time-release coating. lol.) My heart is beating kind of hard. I am able to multi task extremely well... this doesnít usually come so easily for me. Usually when I do drugs, I tend to zone in on one thing like a TV show and block out all other sounds, even someone calling my name.

3:33am- Havenít seen my fiancť since the last dosage. He wandered off into the other room. Must be overwhelmed with the urge to do something productive, which is abnormal of him. He usually lies around and just enjoys his high, but we are new to this substance. This drug makes a positive change in our attitudes. We are patient and more willing to accommodate each other.

4:08am- Time moves so slowly if you donĎt stay busy. I feel as if I have so much to do, but donít know what it is I am supposed to do. Iíve been lying stomach down on my bed for about 2 hours. When I finally stood up, tingles ran through my body and when I walked, it felt as if I was on a trampoline or a bouncy surface.

4:33am- The cannabis is kicking in and is dumbing down the effect of the Concerta. Iím starting to feel sluggish, unmotivated, and itís becoming difficult to concentrate. My fiancť is definitely high, I know this because he canít sit still for more than a few seconds before he starts fidgeting with something. He keeps scratching his skin and picking at his face, like when you smoke crack. I feel okÖa little itchy but no creeping of the skin or anything. He made a small ball, out of string and frayed denim. He said itís called a ďtooleyĒ, and itís keeping him busy, so Iíll leave him be. lol.

5:05am- For the last half hour, I have felt stuck in my own body. My mind wants to wander and I feel so free but my body is constraining me. I am starting to feel another high coming on from the methylphenidate. Itís very slight, but I feel happier and relieved. Smoking more cigarettes to keep myself busy. lol. The sun is rising and the birds seem to be chirping so loud outside the window.

5:25am-Iím loosing it again so I take another 27mg orally, but chewed them before chasing it down with more soda. My man keeps coming up with crazy ideas, that I suppose seem realistic to him right now, and he keeps making elaborate plans to complete simple tasks. I donít think in my two years being with this kid, or even my 6 years knowing him, I have heard him talk this much. I swear that this stuff turns you into a chatterbox and really tempts you to boggle your own mind. Just think before you speak or you may say some things that will make you seem very silly.

5:45am- I still have a little bit of a drip when I sniffle hard. Feeling good, but time seems to be moving so slowly and itís making me bug out, as if I was on cocaine. Still no appetite and havenít eaten anything through this adventure. Overall, I think that itís been a pretty interesting experience. Iím done with Concerta for a couple of hours (until right before we go to the funeral at 10am.) After that maybe Iíll get some sleep OR go get more Concerta and stay up a full 24 hours. lol. Probably the second one.

Conclusion:
Flat out, I do smoke cannabis more often than any other drug, and it makes me very sluggish and I feel very dim. On Concerta, I felt bright and fully functional, like a million bucks. I have to say that it is my favorite experience out of any drug I have done thus far. Although, the first time coming down was pretty rough for me, but after that one, I only felt moderate anxiety (like coming down from cocaine minus the teeth grinding). After this encounter with Concerta, I can undeniably say that I will be doing this drug again in the near future and I may have found my new drug of choice. lol. And remembering to stay busy and positive, think before speaking to prevent rambling, and wear sunglasses around people or keep to dark places.

Noticeable Signs of Intoxication:
The only apparent side effects, that may give away that I'm intoxicated, include rambling, jittery movements, scratching, dilated pupils, very wide eyes (bugged out), and a sudden burst of energy.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 71812
Published: Jul 20, 2016Views: 8,257
Pharms - Methylphenidate (114) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Depression (15), First Times (2)