Not Always the Best Choice
Buprenorphine & Naloxone (Suboxone)
by takecontrol
Citation:   takecontrol. "Not Always the Best Choice: An Experience with Buprenorphine & Naloxone (Suboxone) (exp71646)". Erowid.org. May 31, 2019. erowid.org/exp/71646

10 mg oral Methadone (pill / tablet)
  T+ 24:00 4 mg   Pharms - Buprenorphine
  T+ 24:00 1 mg   Naloxone

I'm used to taking about 40-160 mg of oxycodone per day. When I run out I find that methadone does wonders to prevent withdrawals and actually allow me to feel okay and function.

Well I ran out and all I was able to take consistently was suboxone. My taper went 80 oxy, 60 oxy, 40 oxy, then 10mg methadone.

I had to work the day after the methadone pill (my last opiate) so I decide to try suboxone. Well I read you need to wait until you go into w/d before taking sub or the w/d's will be awful.

Since I had to work, I wanted to prevent any w/d's and figured if I was going to withdraw it wouldn't matter how bad. So I took 4mg sub after 24hr wait from 10mg methadone.
I took 4mg sub after 24hr wait from 10mg methadone.

I first noticed a head change but no euphoria. Then I started sweating lightly all day. It's been five days on 4mg of sub and I'm still sweating and getting headaches every day. Basically the same as a normal w/d session, only I don't have the fatigue. This sweating/headache combo sucks so I think I'll just cut the sub cold turkey.

BTW, I've taken other opiates maybe 8 hrs after sub and have no w/d symptoms. However, they just don't work. This includes 20 mg of oxy and a separate session of 20 hydro. Both times no change was noticed at all.

This pill may be great if I didn't sweat or get headaches as a side effect. But it's not much better than a normal withdrawal, expect there's not much fatigue.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 71646
Published: May 31, 2019Views: 483
Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Combinations (3), Addiction & Habituation (10), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)