Wonderful Synergy
L-Tyrosine & Amphetamines (Adderall)
by akeyadatgood
Citation:   akeyadatgood. "Wonderful Synergy: An Experience with L-Tyrosine & Amphetamines (Adderall) (exp70894)". Erowid.org. Mar 28, 2018. erowid.org/exp/70894

500 mg oral Tyrosine
    oral Amphetamines

Benefits of L-Tyrosine With Adderall Overview

After having really great results from taking L-tyrosine, I feel the need to share this information because it may hopefully benefit someone else. Iím a 20 year old, 5í10 150 lb male and I have been taking amphetamines (Adderall) infrequently for about the past two years. I use it around exam times and occasionally for recreation. Now, Adderall can be great but it used to be very unpredictable for me in the side effects I would get. Sometimes everything would be great and I would thoroughly enjoy it, and yet other times I have felt nervous, anxious, emotionally unstable or numb (which bothered be more than anything), and of course thereís the crash. The crash would often make me feel really down and lethargic, which would made me regret that I had taken the stuff in the first place.

However, a few months ago I discovered L-Tyrosine, the amino acid that is supposed to boost natural dopamine levels. Now I have never been diagnosed for ADD, but I do believe that I have it to some extent, or at least a dopamine deficiency. But all I know is that when I started taking the Tyrosine, I was blown away by how much this stuff helped me. The first time I took it, it felt like I had taken a low dose of Adderall, only much smoother and with no side effects. After taking it for a week or so daily at a dose of 1000 mg each morning, I realized how much more focused, productive, and confident I had become. Also, my thinking became a lot clearer, and I have more energy it seems than I did before.

Here is the best part though. I realized that since I have been taking tyrosine, I now have absolutely no negative side effects when I take Adderall, it makes the Adderall feel incredibly smooth every time. As far as crashing goes, itís not existent. Once the amphetamines peak, I still feel confident and comfortable on the pleasant ride back to normal. I also donít feel a craving for more Adderall when it wears off, which I used to experience often. And when I am on the Adderall, I still feel like I can connect with other people and my emotions are completely stable. I don't feel forced to be overly speedy or talkative, though I could still talk for hours about anything and everything if I wanted; I just don't feel like I HAVE to. With the tyrosine, Adderall still leaves me feeling in complete control of myself and my emotions, which is great.

I now take tyrosine 1-2 times a week, usually at a dose of 500 mg. It has helped me a lot, and I have yet to experience anything negative from it. I donít take Adderall very often, but when I do, it is nothing but pleasant outside perhaps an elevated heart rate, but even that is much less prevalent than it used to be. I canít speak for anyone else, but the Tyrosine has done wonders for me.

I think it is also important to note that tyrosine has improved the way other substances affect me as well, not just Adderall. I smoke cannabis occasionally and it gives me a much more focusable and less foggy high than it used to. Caffeine even works better and the side effects I used to get from it are pretty much gone now. So thatís my two cents. I have found tyrosine and Adderall to have wonderful synergy.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 70894
Published: Mar 28, 2018Views: 5,349
Tyrosine (363), Amphetamines (6) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Glowing Experiences (4), Combinations (3), Not Applicable (38)