Unexpected Heroin Similarities
Varenicline (Chantix)
by Rotag
Citation:   Rotag. "Unexpected Heroin Similarities: An Experience with Varenicline (Chantix) (exp70828)". Erowid.org. Apr 7, 2016. erowid.org/exp/70828

2.5 mg oral Varenicline

I was prescribed Chantix to help me quit smoking. This is a partial nicotine agonist. I decided to see if it had any abuse potential. I ingested 2.5mg of it, in .5mg pills, and drank plenty of fluid, to avoid the nausea and vomiting which can occur.

At around +1:00hr I noticed effects starting to hit me. I felt a bit more tired and felt.. a unique high. I can't remember the times throughout the day, but I was launched into a high that reminded me of heroin, as I'd nod out as I was doing tasks, like peeling potatoes and washing dishes, but the cook at the diner I work at, asked me if I was on cocaine, because of appearing paranoid and having a runny nose (runny nose due to weather changing).

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 70828
Published: Apr 7, 2016Views: 3,209
Varenicline (736) : Workplace (51), General (1)