Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
First dose for Pinched Nerve
Pregabalin
by Daniel C
Citation:   Daniel C. "First dose for Pinched Nerve: An Experience with Pregabalin (exp70431)". Erowid.org. Dec 5, 2012. erowid.org/exp/70431

50 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (capsule)

I was recently diagnosed with a pinched nerve along with several other back problems contributing to the aformentioned condition. I was prescribed 50mg of Lyrica for the condition. Tonite (4/10/08) at 9:00 PM I took the first dose with a fairly empty stomach. I was calm, tired, in pain, and in a general state of discomfort.

Shortly after taking it, I had feelings of mental relaxation and mild pleasure, similar to the feeling of alcohol or xanax. However, this was short lived (maybe 5-15 minutes) and I have read that this so called euphoria occurs only in about 5% of patients. The pain I had previously felt subsided somewhat, but was still definitely there. I'd say it had pain-relieving effects between 600mg of ibuprofen and 5mg of oxycodone.

Don't be mislead because I placed it between oxycodone and ibuprofen though; the pain was still definitely there and I was still in physical discomfot. However, my doctor informed be that the medicine is only effective for some people, so perhaps I am not one of those persons. Side effects I felt included drowsiness and mild vision impairment comparable to having a couple of drinks.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 70431
Published: Dec 5, 2012Views: 7,535
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : General (1), First Times (2), Medical Use (47), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Not Applicable (38)