When You're Detoxing, The Dose Doesn't Matter
Methadone
by Phalaeo
Citation:   Phalaeo. "When You're Detoxing, The Dose Doesn't Matter: An Experience with Methadone (exp70352)". Erowid.org. Apr 7, 2008. erowid.org/exp/70352

5.0 mg oral Methadone (daily)

I took 5 mg. methadone daily for pain management. It worked beautifully, but then I had to get off of it, which was sheer hell.

I know it looks like a low dose, but when you're detoxing, it doesn't really matter. I had massive leg spasms that kept me from sleeping, my whole body was wracked with flu-like pain, I was mentally foggy, and I had really worrisome diarrhea. Most of the symptoms started subsiding at around 3 weeks after the last dose, although I am still experiencing difficulties with diarrhea close to three months after the last dose.

I've taken myself off of many drugs that I was either addicted to or dependent upon, and I will say that methodone was a beast to conquer.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 70352
Published: Apr 7, 2008Views: 18,904
Methadone (166) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Difficult Experiences (5), Health Problems (27), Addiction & Habituation (10), Hangover / Days After (46), Multi-Day Experience (13), Not Applicable (38)