This is Poison
Voacanga africana
by Hempeater
Citation:   Hempeater. "This is Poison: An Experience with Voacanga africana (exp70018)". Erowid.org. Dec 15, 2009. erowid.org/exp/70018

2 seeds oral Voacanga africana (seeds)
  43 seeds oral Voacanga africana (tea)

I started with 50 seeds, decided to keep 5 to see if I could grow them as houseplants.

10:00 - I begin by eating 2 seeds. The flavour is strange, the bitterness is too much. I decide to crush the remaining 43 seeds and make tea from it.

11:10 - Finished drinking the tea.

12:00 - A very mild change in awareness.

2:00 - Nothing much is happening so I go to bed.

The next day I vomited when I woke up. Felt weak. Partially incapacitated. Got some gut aches and hot flashes. Around 6:00pm I vomited again after only drinking water all day. It was green.

Gut pains persisted for days.

Conclusion: this is poison.. not worth trying.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 70018
Published: Dec 15, 2009Views: 13,198
Voacanga africana (49) : Difficult Experiences (5), Bad Trips (6), Hangover / Days After (46), Health Problems (27), Alone (16)