Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
Wow
Pregabalin
by slongo
Citation:   slongo. "Wow: An Experience with Pregabalin (exp69991)". Erowid.org. Aug 24, 2011. erowid.org/exp/69991

oral Pharms - Pregabalin

After a week on Lyrica in 2007 I followed Dr instructions to double the dose. Not long after (days) I experienced a week of euphoric, labile mood, with intrusive but not unpleasant memories from past. Music from the 70's constantly popped to consciousness with an urge to belt them out with passion. I felt happy and socially engaged, which was odd for a usually melancholic, hypoactive introvert.

This all came to a sudden end when I experienced a profound memory recovery of a accidental head injury in 1976 from which I walked away unrecognized and untreated. The memory shocked my conscience and I experienced a reconnection of previously insignificant events. Much changed that night in December 1976.

As it happened so long ago, I've had a unique challenge. I have processed the reality of what happened and reimagined my life story over the last two years but I have not been able to move on as yet. I think about it every day, trying to fit in some new piece from the puzzle. I am in therapy and no longer on Lyrica though willing to have a trial period again to see what I can explore further. I'm an old hippie and a psychonaut so a little altered state doesn't scare me. My experience has been mostly chalked up to drug reaction/hallucination, although there is a police report from the accident 30 years ago. I didn't hallucinate that. And I don't know how the 30 year old memory of explosive head impact would figure into a drug induced hallucination.

Anyway, Lyrica,...thumbs up.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 69991
Published: Aug 24, 2011Views: 12,006
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)