Reds
Secobarbital
by Red Devil
Citation:   Red Devil. "Reds: An Experience with Secobarbital (exp69617)". Erowid.org. Apr 6, 2018. erowid.org/exp/69617

100 mg oral Pharms - Secobarbital (capsule)

During the fall of 1970, I was prescribed Sodium Seconal when I was hospitalized. I took it for sleep. At nine PM, the nurse doled out my sleeping pill. I never taken Seconal before.

And so, at nine PM, I take my med with a glass of water.
At about 9:30 PM, I had a panic attack. The sensation was overwhelming! Frightened, I sought some advise from my nurse. She told me not to worry, but simply relax and go to bed.

After the initial rush sibsided, I discovered that I really enjoyed the sensual tingling I got, the way my mind became relaxed. I didn't even give a damn if a thermonuclear bomb went off at the moment. After all, it was my first time.

I became disinhibited, excited, and my sleep was excellent.

You bet I looked forward for my nine o'clock meds the following night.

The second night of my Seconal experience, I had no panic attack, but a strong liking for this drug.

I didn't know it at the time, but I was becoming psychologically hooked on that particular molecule.

I have had mephobarbital, phenobarbital, nembutal (Yellow Jackets), butabarbital, but none seemed to whack me as heavy as Sodium Seconal. I liked Doriden with Codeine, Qaaludes, Placydil, Noludar, Chloral, Halcion, Ambien, but only Placydil and Qaaludes, maybe Doriden ranked top with Seconal.

Eli Lilly discontinued this pharmaceutical several years ago.

Seconal is a dangerous and a very addictive drug. People have died from it. One is not supposed to take over 300 mg in a 24 hour period. As a short acting barbiturate, it can kill you quick if you overindulge. Marlylin Monroe, Jimi Hendrix, and Anisetta Jones have succumbed to its lethal effects.

With this said, I still love them. If I had them, I would most certainly take it with pleasure. I wanted to share this with you because even though they were very popular recreational drugs in the 50s, 60s, and 70s, I never read a single experience related to this med in the Erowid.

Heartfelt smiles,

--Red Devil

Exp Year: 1970ExpID: 69617
Published: Apr 6, 2018Views: 2,933
Pharms - Secobarbital (814) : Health Benefits (32), First Times (2), Hospital (36)