It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Smoking YOPO
Anadenanthera
by RLEEROUSH
Citation:   RLEEROUSH. "Smoking YOPO: An Experience with Anadenanthera (ID 6958)". Erowid.org. May 21, 2001. erowid.org/exp/6958

DOSE: 2 seeds smoked Anadenanthera colubrina (seeds)

I have been doing a lot of reading on shamantic plants and uses and had to try some on my own. One of the plants I was interested in was YOPO. I purchased some seeds online to germinate and found myself with many extras in the pack. These seeds are generally crushed and mixed with crushed shells to form a snuff, but since I refuse to snort snail shells I decided to smoke 2 seeds to see if what the outcome would be. I am currently taking Wellbutrin so this may or may not have contributed to the experience.

First I peeled the thin shell off the seeds and crushed them into small flakes with a razor blade. I placed both seeds (not a lot of quantity) into my bowl and fired up. The smoke is very harsh on the lungs and I was unable to finish both seeds but the amount was enough after 3 deep tokes for an immediate reaction.

I immediately became light headed and had to sit down to keep from falling. My vision became red and I was warm all over. My feet and legs became numb and my head started to hurt and quickly subsided. As long as I laid motionless I felt a uphoria all over my body and my vision remained red. When I moved around I felt very normal until I sat down again. This only lasted less than 30 minutes.

Shortly after I went to bed and had a very sleepless night filled with very erotic dreams. Hard to fall asleep and waking continuosly throught the night. The next day I had no after effects other than being very tired from not sleeping.

I think if I would have finished the seeds or even smoked three I would have had a full blown DMT experience..but I will have to try again to see what happens.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6958