New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
The 'Right Twist' Revisited.
Salvia divinorum
by michael
Citation:   michael. "The 'Right Twist' Revisited.: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp6948)". Erowid.org. Jun 3, 2002. erowid.org/exp/6948

1 hit smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 5x)

Experience with Salvia extract 5x 1 bowl. Relaxed and familiar territory.

I was at home, alone, watched alertly by three cats. Standing in the kitchen (I warn friends against standing with this!) and taking a large hit, I emptied the bowl... The tight feeling behind my ears started, as well as the familiar spin into Salvia space. A minute later, the room elongated as I looked down the hall, and the gentle wave noises (I live by the ocean) pushed the room into an outside thatched hut appearance with rapidly distorting space and a thatched ceiling.

The familiar 'twist to the right' where a feeling of a left-sided 'barrier' that seems to force your movement to the right appeared, and I sat in a nearby dining room chair to orient myself. The edges of my visual field narrowed and I was looking out into an eye shaped space. I was severely disoriented by the salvia and held onto the memory that it would soften in about 5 minutes.

I saw one of my catís loom by, walking a curved floor to me and then vanish into the right curving horizon on the other side of the room (15 feet away!). Slow colours enhanced the carpet and distracted me. Gradually, the thatched ceiling solidified, and my familiar surroundings returned. I am always left with the utter profundity of the Salvia experience and the calm feeling of both grace and the enormous mystery of our own minds. I acknowledge the Salvia deity and her gentle reminder to me to revere the mystery we are. The total experience lasted 14 minutes, with a glow for 30 minutes following.

michael.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6948
Published: Jun 3, 2002Views: 4,533
Salvia divinorum (44) : Alone (16), General (1)