Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Takes Some Getting Used To
Diphenhydramine
by MNA
Citation:   MNA. "Takes Some Getting Used To: An Experience with Diphenhydramine (exp69375)". Erowid.org. Feb 26, 2008. erowid.org/exp/69375

repeated oral Diphenhydramine
    transdermal Diphenhydramine

I was reading about legal highs (most of them suck), because I am really into DXM, and I came across somewhere that said that diphenhydramine could make you hallucinate. I remember reading on a label that some allergy medicine we had had some diphen in it. To note, half of what I took was in pill form, and half of what I took was in strips sort of like those pocket packs, except, of course, this was medicine. So, I took the minimum common dose and started to 'trip.' It was just plain lousy. It made me tired. Even if I did hallucinate, I would have been too tired to enjoy it.

I still wasn't completely let down yet. Later that week, I found some ointment in the medicine cabinet that was for itches which contained 2% diphen, so I decided to try it. I rubbed a whole bunch of it on my skin. I can't tell you how much I had, because I was not measuring, but I had a lot. And I wasn't tired. Some small, minor hallucinations occurred, too. As soon as I got on that stuff, I realized the same effect as any dose of DXM; I couldn’t focus on any writing or small details on anything. Later on, I looked into the mirror, and my pupils were huge.

Anyway, the next day, I had the rest of the diphen in those strips (about 125 mg this time) and got drowsy, just as I had before.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 69375
Published: Feb 26, 2008Views: 1,524
Diphenhydramine (109) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)