Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
The Feeling When Going Into Lucid Dreaming
Dreaming
by addled
Citation:   addled. "The Feeling When Going Into Lucid Dreaming: An Experience with Dreaming (exp69372)". Erowid.org. Apr 12, 2016. erowid.org/exp/69372

Yesterday, I fell into an intense wild-lucid dream state twice while attempting to go to actual sleep. For me lucid dreaming is so intense that I know I have no sleep during the process because I am completely worn out when I wake up from them.

The psychical/psychological feeling my body and mind get when I am entering a lucid dream is the same feeling of becoming high/ the dopamine in my system gets highly stirred up. It feels amazing. This time, it felt particularly good. So good that, like sleep-paralysis, it was very hard to move out of this complete euphoria. I right arm attempted to raise but felt to my left side. I had been clutching the sheets during my slumber and when I raised my hand, I brought the sheets over, virtually choking myself. Still in my state of complete ecstasy, my mind recognized that I was harming myself but still in paralysis, I decided it felt too good to move.

Shortly later I woke up. The end.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 69372
Published: Apr 12, 2016Views: 1,096
Dreams (85) : Alone (16), Glowing Experiences (4), General (1)