Naloxone Access & Experience Survey
Help out researchers at Emory University School of Medicine by answering a 5-15 minute survey on your thoughts about and experiences with naloxone and opiates. [ Go To Survey ]
Completely Ecstatic
Methadone
by rec_user
Citation:   rec_user. "Completely Ecstatic: An Experience with Methadone (exp69224)". Erowid.org. Mar 3, 2018. erowid.org/exp/69224

repeated oral Methadone (pill / tablet)

After overcoming an addiction to Percs and Tabs over a year ago (I was taking nearly 14 Tab-10's per day), I have steered clear of substances and limited my experiences greatly. However, after learning of easy acess to Methadone, I figured I should gain the experience and try a few.

The first time I tried Methadone, I injested 30mg by 5mg pills each. After about an hour I noticed that I had an uncontrollable amount of energy, which greatly compared to my experiences on cocaine. As I had been cleaning my room earlier, I decided I might as well continue and clean the house. I cleaned for nearly 3 hours straight and repaired a table and chair that I had been meaning to fix for nearly 3 months. During this time I noticed that all problems I had had earlier (breakup, college decisions, essays, work trouble) seemed to fade away, and as another user pointed out 'I seemed to just laugh them away.' I can not describe the intense happiness I felt. Cocaine, Tabs, Percs could not compare in the least. I honestly believe that was the happiest I have ever been in my life.

I continued to feel the same feelings of happines coupled with excitement and eagerness for the remainder of the day, now going on 12 hours since I had ingested the pills. Though I did become extremely tired during several periods of my expereince (around 4 and 8 hours after ingesting) I managed to stay awake by focusing my energy on other chores and errands. I felt extremely social and called most all of my friends throughout the day to talk to them, this is a similar effect I feel with cocaine.

After 16 hours of ingesting the Methadone I decided to get some sleep before heading to work. Surprisingly, I was able to fall asleep quickly when I feared that I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. After a normal night's sleep (about 5 hours), I awoke and was amazed to find the happiness, excitement, and energy still present. On my commmute to work, I dwelled on these feelings. Work proved to be an easy task, as had the entire day of cleaning my house prior. I felt I had energy to do anything that was asked of me.

Throughout work, I noticed slight decreases in my energy throughout the day. This was not a sense of extreme tiredness but rather a return to normal, as in a return to the normal amount of energy I usually have at work. As I left work 5 hours later, I still noticed I was optomistic and happy. This also slowly wore off and I returned to 'normal'. After about 36 hours, it seemed all my effects had subsided.

I have since taken 15mg of Methadone several times throughout the month. This dosage seems to give me the same energy and optomism, only on a more controllable and subtle level.

I have had no side-effects as many others have expressed. I have experienced itching on occasion, but this has been mild and quite expected as with many medications. I cannot relate to the many 'bad experiences' I have read about, but do not deny that they have occured. I suppose personal preference and chemical effects play large roles in the use of Methadone, as with all chemicals. I have, however; limited myself to the times I take Methadone, as I can see it becoming very addicting if taken too often and in large doses. I am quite comfortable with it once or twice a month, and if I do not have access to it, I don't fret. But, as with most any substance, addiction is always a real possibility that should be avoided at all costs.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 69224
Published: Mar 3, 2018Views: 2,741
Methadone (166) : General (1), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)