Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Uncontrollable Shaking, Paranoia
Pregabalin (Lyrica)
by Zealot
Citation:   Zealot. "Uncontrollable Shaking, Paranoia: An Experience with Pregabalin (Lyrica) (exp69221)". Erowid.org. Apr 30, 2010. erowid.org/exp/69221

100 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (daily)

I began taking Lyrica for fibromyalgia, which is the main syndrome it is prescribed for. Over the course about a year, I have tried many different pharmaceuticals to try to treat fibromyalgia which causes wide-spread pain and insomnia (none of them working). I thought Lyrica would be like the others, but I was wrong.

I was prescribed 50mg twice daily. Although, Iím only 110lbs, I do tend to have a high tolerance for many analgesics. Originally, I never took more than the recommended dose. After a couple of days of taking it as recommended, I began to shake uncontrollably every day. I became very paranoid and anxious, and the uncontrollable shaking made the paranoia worse. However, I kept taking it because it supposedly takes about 3 months start working for fibromyalgia pain and other FMS symptoms (similar to other treatment for FMS).

Being unable to pour a glass of water gracefully due to the constant shuddering, it seemed like a good idea to stop taking it; however, stopping it suddenly made the side effects worse and made me have withdrawal-like symptoms (headaches and general feeling-like-shit). I felt a horrible anxiety that I may have a seizure (which may have been the paranoia). Also, I was having heart palpitations on and off.

Since then, Iíve dabbled in using it recreational (which didnít work for me). Iíve never taken more than 75mg at once. But, when I have taken that much I didnít even feel the normal pain-killer high (or any high) from taking it, yet I felt really bad, paranoid and shakyólike I took really shitty and weak speed, but with no positive feeling. Overall, this was a shitty drug to experiment with. I wouldnít recommend it, but then again itís possible I just had a bad experience, and Iíve never experimented much with it. Iíve never snorted it but frankly I'd be scared to.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 69221
Published: Apr 30, 2010Views: 24,371
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Difficult Experiences (5), Bad Trips (6), Medical Use (47), Health Problems (27), Not Applicable (38)