Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Catnip & Tobacco
by ThirtySomething
Citation:   ThirtySomething. "Thumbs Down: An Experience with Catnip & Tobacco (exp6921)". Erowid.org. Jun 30, 2001. erowid.org/exp/6921

0.5 bowls smoked Catnip (dried)
  0.5 bowls smoked Tobacco (dried)

Feeling disconnected from the hipper segments of society (those with fun drugs) I resorted to something I read in 'Legal Highs'. I mixed dried catnip (from Target) with some cigarette tobacco from a Winston light, about equal amount of each. I smoked it in a bong with a big glass bowl (one I intend to smoke Salvia divinorum in). The effects were almost immediate. A kind of marajuana feeling came on, but it was not relaxed and smooth as marajuana usually is. It had a definate tense edge to it. Not really pleasent. The effect doesn't last long like marijuana.

I felt nauseated for about ten hours after the initial 'high' and also felt a little 'off' the next day. The nausea might have come from the cigarette tobacco. I don't smoke, so it could be the nicotine (which I have never found pleasant) that caused the nausea. Either way I suggest you leave catnip to the cats. You could do much better with a few beers.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6921
Published: Jun 30, 2001Views: 41,983
Catnip (68), Tobacco (47) : Combinations (3), Health Problems (27), Unknown Context (20)