Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Buttons and Blood
Peyote
by Sean
Citation:   Sean. "Buttons and Blood: An Experience with Peyote (exp68851)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2018. erowid.org/exp/68851

6 buttons oral Peyote (ground / crushed)
    repeated smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

I recieved some dried peyote from my friend, whose parents are part of the NAC, and my girlfriend and I chopped them up in our coffee grinder. Everything was then emptied into gel-caps for our consumption, so we downed them over the course of about 15 or 20 minutes. The friend who gave us the peyote, her boyfriend is a good friend of mine, and they chilled around the apartment and ate lunch as we began our trip.

We recieved some changes in body temperature, and my girlfriend began to feel sick. She went into the bathroom and layed down for a while. She started puking later, but I was back and forth with her and with my friend until the first of my trip hit me. I was walking up to the coffee table to light up a cigarette when I felt a wave of sensation hit we all over my body. I felt good. I felt decent. I felt clean. I felt the warmth of the lights and the depth of my friends' words. My hands became large in my vision, and the couch projected visions of the people of this land, and visions of my life and my blood.

My girlfriend was too sick to feel anything pleasurable, and she might have not kept the buttons down long enough to get the full effects. I felt the first effects of the peyote fade away into a stimulated awareness of my being. This was the very long part of my trip where I sat around smoking and sitting in the bath tub. My girlfriend took pictures of my as I winded down on my trip. I'm glad she did, because it was something I will always want to remember. After trying peyote I became really interested in psychonautics, and now it is one of my primary topics of research. I thank the peyote gods, for bestowing this amazing gift on me, for helping me help change my own life.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 68851
Published: Feb 16, 2018Views: 1,222
Peyote (42) : General (1), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)