Help us get 10 more reviews! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
Expecting the Unexpected
5-MeO-DMT
by Scylla Jewbacca
Citation:   Scylla Jewbacca. "Expecting the Unexpected: An Experience with 5-MeO-DMT (exp68597)". Erowid.org. Jul 6, 2018. erowid.org/exp/68597

1 hit smoked 5-MeO-DMT

[Erowid Note: While the author reported the substance used as 5-MeO-DMT, and references 5-MeO-DMT in the report, they seem to confuse NN-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. These substances have different effects and dosages. Most often the error made is that the term "DMT" is used to refer to 5-Methoxy-DMT. However, because of the ambiguity in the substance name, it is uncertain whether the author is speaking about 5-MeO-DMT throughout the report or not. See 5-MeO-DMT is Not "DMT".]

[Erowid Note: A substance(s) in this report might be identified incorrectly. Erowid reviewers question the author's identification of the drug described. Although the report is included in the collection, there are reasons to believe the substance might be something other than the author believed it to be.]

For about 6 months prior to the experience, I had decided that once DMT was presented at the right time for me, I would try it. I have been smoking cigarettes and weed for about 5 years, I have tried a galaxy of pharms and had a year-long addiction to Percocet. I have tried acid enough times I'd have to use my toes, MDMA/MDA a few times, and Ketamine twice. I also must say I had broken through on Salvia prior to my experience with 5-MeO-DMT.

T-6 hours: I receive a text message from my friend who we will call Meduzze asking me if I want to try DMT today. I hastily reply, 'YES YES YES YES YES.'

T-2.5 hours: after getting out of work I rendezvous with Meduzze at my second friend's house, and we will call him Turtle. Another friend Barabus was also present at the time.

T-30 minutes: after waiting impatiently for what seemed like forever, Meduzze finally gets the call. The four of us drive down to meet him, Barabus getting dropped off a street up because of complications between him and our source. We drive to an isolated street so Meduzze can test its legitimacy (The DMT we got was a greenish color that made us wary of its contents). Meduzze confirms it is real and I shell out my 20 bucks for a dose

T-15 minutes:We park behind a store that Turtle suggests is a good place to blast off. Meduzze takes his hit and we all wait silently as to let him enjoy his trip. My heart is pounding - I have been waiting for this moment of enlightenment for a long time.

T-0: I inhale deep as Turtle holds and lights the pipe for me. I take my entire dose in one hit. I sit back and wait about 30 seconds before exhaling. I then close my eyes and wait for it to happen. After about 10 seconds I have yet to feel anything, I think maybe I haven't taken a big enough hit. Then it hit me.

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

I am not one for body buzzes, they usually make me feel uncomfortable, but I was in a calm state of mind and was telling myself to enjoy it, and I did. My body began to feel as if I was levitating upwards. The typical 'sound of crumbling bread wrapper' began to happen in my ears, escalating into the ringing sensation. I closed my eyes and saw a 3 dimensional world of buildings and objects all made of glowing and 'breathing' squares that rotated back and forth. I felt as if I was towering over this city of patterns high in the sky. I heard Meduzze ask if I was cool to drive, and I opened my eyes and said to him 'Are you FUCKING kidding me??'. Him along with everyone else in the car was glowing in a white aurora. I closed my eyes again as he turned on his car and backed out of the alley. The feeling of the car driving was putting an unholy amount of force on my body. I opened my eyes again as we drove up a suburban road littered with trees and an island separating the lanes. I felt an extreme sense of wellbeing and confidence in myself driving through the trees. My trip quickly ended now that I had kept my eyes open, however the ringing in my ears still persisted for another 10 minutes or so. I felt an extreme sense of enlightenment.

The best way I can describe this experience is through a poem I wrote about it:

Departure approaching
Deceitful fog you cloud my courage
Pointed in the direction of a mirage to continue a trivial voyage
I canít trust the machinery
Dead as a duck I search for the horizon
I find myself looking in the mirror
Run from humanity, overwhelming fear
Down the place I fear I will one day dwell

You were a holy alternative to my unholy realm

I am 18 years old.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 68597
Published: Jul 6, 2018Views: 376
5-MeO-DMT (58) : General (1), First Times (2), Poetry (43), Small Group (2-9) (17)