Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Euphoric Day
Codeine
by youdontknowme
Citation:   youdontknowme. "Euphoric Day: An Experience with Codeine (exp68541)". Erowid.org. Jul 17, 2017. erowid.org/exp/68541

150 mg oral Codeine (pill / tablet)
  25 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)

I had never taken any drugs before this experience, but I have always been curious about them. I read about Codeine on a reputable website, and I decided to try it. I read about the cold water extraction people use to take the APAP out of the pills to ďsave our liversĒ, and in a few reports Benadryl was used to successfully reduce the itching caused by opiates. My parents had a huge bottle (150ish) of Tylenol-3ís, so I took five pills and a Benadryl.

I decided to take the codeine late on a Wednesday night (we had a 5 day weekend), so I got the pills and started to extract the codeine. As I was performing the cold water extraction, I realized how much of a druggie I probably looked like, crushing up pills, and running them through coffee filters, but I didnít really care. When It got to the point where I was waiting for the mixture to filter, I started to feel really tired, and I didnít want to take it that night. I just hid the filter set-up so my parents wouldnít see it, and went to bed.

I woke up at 11:00 and immediately remembered the codeine. I went over to the filterís hiding place, and tried drinking the codeine solution. It tasted extremely bad, but I remembered something about hip-hop cough syrup and sprite, so I got a can of Ginger-Ale and poured it into the mixture. With the Ginger Ale the codeine was surprisingly easy to get down. Then I took the Benadryl.

T+0:00 (11:30): I just took the mixture and so far (obviously) no effects

T+0:45: I feel relaxed, and I donít feel achy like I feel after I wake up, but I feel a little itchy.

T+1:00: Definitely feeling euphoric right now, and the itch is gone, so I go and lay back in my dadís recliner, and *attempt* to watch T.V.. I just feel cozy and warm, so I lay there for about an hour.

T+2:00: I decide to go and talk to my friend, so I walk over to his house, and his mom reminds me that he doesnít get today off (he goes to a catholic school), so I decide to talk to his brother instead. I start walking around and he asks me if Iím OK, and I admit to taking codeine (to him this means crack) and he freaks out.

T+2:10: Then he says he doesnít believe me, so I take him to my house, and let him taste the Codeine/Ginger Ale mixture. Then I show him the powder on the filter to him (white powder means drug to him) and he believes me. I beg him not to tell, and he agrees.

T+2:40: So, then he leaves, and I decide to walk around my neighborhood. A cat ran across the street and I jumped (overreacted) but kept walking. Whenever a car went by I would do the same startled jump, and keep walking.

T+3:00: I get back to my house, still feeling euphoric, and started listening to some music. The music sounded really good, and I was getting into it, and actually started dancingÖ a lot. I never danceÖ ever. It just felt really good.

T+4:00: The euphoria is gone, so I am normal, except I am extra nice to everyone. It probably wasnít an effect of the drug, so it was probably a nice after effect because of how it made me feel. I didnít have a crash or sad feelings at all for the rest of the day, and listening to music still made me feel really good, almost the same level of euphoria from earlier.
T+9:00: I go to bed early at 8:00, but I fall asleep very easily that night

I will definitely do codeine again. My parents only have about 100 pills left, so I could probably only get in about 10 or so more highs without emptying the bottle.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 68541
Published: Jul 17, 2017Views: 2,892
Codeine (14) : First Times (2), Preparation / Recipes (30), Small Group (2-9) (17)