A Very Strange Presence Felt
Zolpidem
by Maria
Citation:   Maria. "A Very Strange Presence Felt: An Experience with Zolpidem (exp68375)". Erowid.org. Mar 9, 2012. erowid.org/exp/68375

10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

I was prescribed zolpidem a while ago for genuine reasons and went to research it online before I took it for the first time. While I was looking for info, all these reports of recreational use kept popping up here and there.

The idea to use them to my recreational advantage never entered my head until the third time I had taken them (the first 2 times I didn't resist sleep and was out like a light in 15 mins)

I had taken one 10mg pill, the prescribed dose to get a good straight 8 hours sleep. About 5 minutes after I took it, I put on some nice visuals and music, and that was when I decided to see if I could keep myself awake. I remember about 15 minutes in, I was feeling very drowsy and my eyes began darting all over the place as I strained to keep them open. Resisting sleep isn't too hard however if, like me, you are of a slightly nervous nature!!! Eventually, extreme drowsiness just turned into sleepiness.

I can honestly say that I have never experienced anything like the auditory hallucinations I got that night. The voices I was hearing were so strong, I talked right back to them (incoherently!) and had full conversations. I had this very strong feeling that I wasn't alone in the room. Everytime I moved around on my bed I apologised to this imaginary person sleeping next to me who I thought I was disturbing. There was the usual moving furniture, breathing walls stuff. Then things started getting a little weirder, I wasn't aware of myself physically, like my arms and legs didn't seem to be a part of me anymore. I slid underneath my blanket, and had this strong sensation that I was being dragged right off my bed. At this stage I was feeling a little scared and attempted to talk myself out of what was happening, but the feeling that there was some other presence in the room was so strong. It became pretty spiritual in the end, I definitely felt I was not alone.

Anything that I touched or picked up in the time being seemed to have had it's shape distorted - square objects felt round, round objects felt square...I didn't dare look in the mirror because I'm afraid if I saw my own face start to melt I would've lost my mind.

Around here my memory of what happened gets a little hazy, so I'll have to leave you with that!!:)

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 68375
Published: Mar 9, 2012Views: 30,160
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : Mystical Experiences (9), Entities / Beings (37), First Times (2), Alone (16)