Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Green Devil Is a Joke
Absinthe
by Heavyweight
Citation:   Heavyweight. "Green Devil Is a Joke: An Experience with Absinthe (exp68157)". Erowid.org. Aug 17, 2011. erowid.org/exp/68157

repeated oral Absinthe

I had purchased [an] absinthe home brewers kit off the internet. I had followed the directions using one bottle of everclear and a bottle of 80 proof vodka. Macerating it for 8 days then micron filtering 3 times. After it was all bottled up I had summoned a few people over as they were intrigued by the idea of hallucinating. I first tried the method of burning the sugar till it carmelizes upon a spoon and then shot it. Jesus Fucking Christ it tasted like rubbing alcohol/burnt leaves and jagermeister. I'm a big fan of jager but this shit was rancid.

Next I tried the ice water drip method. Took a while but the water actually made the shit drinkable. 5 shots later I felt a boost in my auditory reception. Sounds were very pleasant. Shots went on and on... But the only thing I felt was the god damn corn liquor coarsing through my veins. As for the other people who tried it, one girl threw up, one guy wouldnt even give the shit a try, the other 2 got drunk with no special effects. I'm not bad mouthing absinthe, I have not drank it enough to give a fair judgement, but that kit is a joke.

[Reported Dose: '10-15 shots']

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 68157
Published: Aug 17, 2011Views: 6,140
Absinthe (4) : Preparation / Recipes (30), Small Group (2-9) (17)