Help us be a 2020 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Empathy, With Extreme Functionality
MDMA (Ecstasy) & Escitalopram
by Lemon Scented Dirt
Citation:   Lemon Scented Dirt. "Empathy, With Extreme Functionality: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy) & Escitalopram (exp67844)". Erowid.org. Jun 27, 2018. erowid.org/exp/67844

20 mg oral Pharms - Escitalopram (daily)
  1 tablet oral MDMA
    oral Caffeine (liquid)

According EcstasyData.org, the pill I ingested today around 12pm was a Toyota pill, a synergy of MDMA, Methamphetamine, Procaine and Caffeine. Of course it could have been a counterfeit, the type comes from the east and Iím on the west coast, but letís just pretend it is. I am on the antidepressant Lexapro. I realize SSRI typically reduce the effectiveness of the drug. But none the less, I had an interestingly positive, perhaps watered-down experience.

00:00 I ingest the pill as I'm getting out of bed. For me (most likely because I'm on Lexapro) the hardest thing about E is recognizing the effects as being real and not placebo. In order to combat this I start the day fresh with the drug in my system and not taking my daily medication.

00:20 No effect yet. I can definitely feel the Meth and the Caffeine becoming active. Its met with ampíed alertness and the urge to start my day quicker than normal.

00:40 I am doing my normal chores, washing dishes and clothes. Like normal I feel annoyed by these activities, but instead of becoming lazy and slowing down I do them quicker and with much more hostility. This has to be the Meth, as I also am little jittery and gritting my teeth.

01:00 I decide to take a shower. At first the water feels normal but soon, as its start to heat up my entire body feels sort of tingling. Not so much euphoric but definitely pleasurable. Itís met with an increased heart beat and a mild sense of dizziness. I turn the water down to calm myself down.

02:00 I can definitely feel the MDMA. I feel generally positive and speedy, but once again not extremely euphoric. I'm able to take care of the social errands I normally do, much easier than usual. I'm usually a very anxious person. But to my surprise, Iím extremely functional. Like with most stimulants, I have a loss of appetite. Not severe like with say Adderall XR or the like; I'm still able to eat with mild hesitation.

06:00 I'm starting to come down. Luckily, because I took it early enough in the day I am better able to deal with the loss of energy. Half an energy does the trick.

Days like these really give me a interesting outlook on ecstasy. Given its mild effectiveness on me, I see its effects as being far more beneficial. I feel more articulate, alert and very positive. None of these feelings are over the top. I can still things in their everyday light and still easily feel negative about something. And after itís worn off I feel that I have accomplished a lot and the normal guilt that is often associated with drug use as I come down feels somewhat unfounded.

I would definitely be interested in experimenting E, or just MDMA more, in light of daily use of antidepressants.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 67844
Published: Jun 27, 2018Views: 907
MDMA (3) : What Was in That? (26), Combinations (3), Alone (16)