Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,376.

Donate by Bitcoin
Dissapointing but Powerful
Anadenanthera peregrina (Yopo)
by BlaineFire
Citation:   BlaineFire. "Dissapointing but Powerful: An Experience with Anadenanthera peregrina (Yopo) (exp67785)". Erowid.org. Sep 4, 2008. erowid.org/exp/67785

4 seeds smoked Anadenanthera peregrina (ground / crushed)

I have recently become interested in psychoactive substances as a way of escape and understanding. After much research on such substances I found that yopo seeds contain DMT as well as several other similar compounds. I knew DMT was a powerful hallucinogen and became quite excited when I found this out. Especially when I read other peoples experiences with them. I decided to try :)

I bought a pack of 15 seeds and heated them up in a pan gently so I didn't burn them. I took the seeds out of the outer shell and then used a pestle and mortar to grind them into a powder. I have read you can mix them with lime and snuff it, but it sounded too painful so I opted for smoking it. I loaded my bong with about 4 seeds worth of powder using a very fine gauze. I took 3 big hits and stood back from my bong.

I had immediate dizziness (alot like smoking MJ) and felt very dry, so I went to my kitchen to get a drink. I drank about half of a cup of orange juice when suddenly BOOM. About 30 seconds after I had bonged the powder I was instantly paralyzed standing in my kitchen. My whole body was tingling and I had an overwhelming feeling in my head of worry and fear, but since I have done things like this before I knew how to achieve inner peace and let the stuff do what it wanted. Unfortunately as suddenly as it came, this feeling passed. I was back to slight dizziness in about 20 seconds. And this is how it remained for about 40 minutes, till all effects were gone. In that time I played a pc game involving pressing keys in time to arrows and music and beat all my high scores somehow? Maybe this substance enhances senses as well as obliterating them?

As far I can tell I was thoroughly in the mood to trip and with a house to myself why not? My only guess is that this was simply not a high enough dosage, that or I need to consume a MAOI prior to smoking to enhance the effects. I have noticed when looking again that my body mass is more than alot of people who wrote these experiences which could also be a factor.

I have read alot about yopo seeds and how intense people have reported trips to be but for me this was obviously not a high enough dosage. I expect I shall do this again soon at a higher dosage, I shall also report on the effects again.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 67785
Published: Sep 4, 2008Views: 8,442
Anadenanthera peregrina (285) : First Times (2), General (1), Alone (16)