Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Dissolved in Water, Didn't Burn So Much
Cocaine
by Aa
Citation:   Aa. "Dissolved in Water, Didn't Burn So Much: An Experience with Cocaine (exp67769)". Erowid.org. Sep 25, 2009. erowid.org/exp/67769

200 mg insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)
  300 mg insufflated Cocaine (liquid)

I needed to stay up all night to prepare for a final the next morning, and I have found that using cocaine while studying under these circumstances both keeps me awake and focused, and helps me learn information faster. I got about half a gram for $20 from my usual source, only to find that the stuff was terribly cut after the first bump I took. There was definitely a good amount of clumped-up coke in there, but whatever it was cut with was very harsh on my nose.

I hit the stuff slowly for a while, alternating excruciating snorts with nosefuls of cold water. However, I only made it through about half of what was there when I couldn't take it anymore. My nose was constantly running, it hurt to sniff the snot back in, my left nostril was completely congested, and I knew it could only get worse.
I set it aside for a while, until later that night when I took a break and went to this site, looking for an alternative method of ingestion. Not even considering the time and effort involved, there was no way I wanted to inject it or make crack.

I came across 'Dugan's' experience report where he mixed coke with nasal spray and snorted it through the tube, and noticed an editorial comment suggesting that insufflation of cocaine dissolved in a liquid was probably much less damaging to the nose than the powder alone. This seemed interesting, so I took a soda bottle cap, filled it with water, and mixed in a small line's worth of powder. By snorting small amounts of the solution through the plastic tube of a pen, and by dripping a little into my clogged nostril, I was not only able to clear my nose and do the rest of the stuff painlessly, but it even helped alleviate some of the pain from previous irritation. Like Dugan, I have no idea regarding its potency relative to straight powder, although I wouldn't be surprised if this method is not as efficient. However, considering the low price and quality of the stuff I had, and the significant reduction of unpleasant effects, I wasn't too worried about how much I was wasting. I'd definitely do it this way from the start next time I get something that's been cut or my nose is already sensitive.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 67769
Published: Sep 25, 2009Views: 34,585
Cocaine (13) : Preparation / Recipes (30), Alone (16)