Nothing Psychedelic About This
Amanita muscaria
by Mike
Citation:   Mike. "Nothing Psychedelic About This: An Experience with Amanita muscaria (exp67618)". Erowid.org. Dec 9, 2007. erowid.org/exp/67618

4.0 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (dried)
  4.0 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (tea)
  4.0 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (capsule)

I consumed 12g of Amanita muscaria which I purchased from the internet in three different ways.

I ate 4 grams on a bagel with Peanut Butter (it didn't taste that bad but knowing what I was eating reminded me of regular shrooms which made me gag, this made consuming a little easier)

4 grams in soggy tea with honey

4 grams capsulated

I did all of this within minutes of each other. Very long coming up. About 2 hours for effects to kick in.

2 hours after consumption I noticed vision blurry. Half hour later I began to sweat and salivate. Then began hot flashes. Cold and sweating, then hot and sweating. Then back and forth. This lasted 3 hours and then the effects started to tapper off.

No visuals. No disassociated thinking. No insight. Not mind expanding. All this ended up doing was giving me some wicked bad gas hours after consumption and then the whole next day.

Basically this mushroom is lame, and a waste of time.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 67618
Published: Dec 9, 2007Views: 6,798
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Unknown Context (20), First Times (2), General (1)