No Longer Tense and Edgy
Chloral Hydrate
by Sativa
Citation:   Sativa. "No Longer Tense and Edgy: An Experience with Chloral Hydrate (exp67425)". Erowid.org. Mar 8, 2018. erowid.org/exp/67425

500 mg oral Chloral Hydrate (capsule)

Chloral Hydrate Equals Tranquility

While searching the vaults for info on this drug, I decided I ought to submit my personal experience since there isnt anything out here about it. I suffer from anxiety and insomnia and when I recently saw my psych(hoping for some benzos to calm me down) they instead prescribed chloral hydrate since Im nursing and planning a pregnancy and supposedly its a safer alternative.. not so sure about that given all the addiction risks Ive read, but tonight I decided to try one after my anxiety was getting the best of me and I was having trouble coping and caring for my 3 small children.

So about 4:15 pm I took one 500 mg gelcap. Its now 4:45 pm and Im feeling slightly calmer.. Im no longer tense and edgy.. and for the first time in a long time I dont feel like my kids are driving me into insanity. Its now 6:40 pm, and I still feel much calmer and more relaxed.. I spent quality time with my kids and even sat down and played a game of candyland. However it hasnt made me feel sleepy or anything.. just calm and relaxed!

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 67425
Published: Mar 8, 2018Views: 1,503
Chloral Hydrate (602) : General (1), First Times (2), Personal Preparation (45), Small Group (2-9) (17)