Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Like Kava
Black Cohosh
by Tsukasa
Citation:   Tsukasa. "Like Kava: An Experience with Black Cohosh (exp67354)". Erowid.org. Jan 11, 2008. erowid.org/exp/67354

1 tablet oral Black Cohosh (extract)

I've bought this in supplement form for my mother who was going through menopause. I was a bit interested in its sedative properties, because I occasionally have transient insomnia.

So I popped one pill, and awaited its effects. The effects came on relatively quickly. I felt slightly sedated, so I plopped on my bed for a nap.

I looked at the ceiling and the walls seem to be moving slightly, and it looked like my rods and cones were more visible than usual. Just minor benadryl-like hallucinations.

It reminded me of kava kava herb which is a sedative and mild psychadelic.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 67354
Published: Jan 11, 2008Views: 21,762
Black Cohosh (452) : First Times (2), Alone (16)