Horizons: Perspectives on Psychedelics - Oct 5-7
An event in New York City that examines the role of psychedelic drugs
and plant medicines in science, medicine, culture and spirituality.
I Don't Know if This Was PCP or Not
Cannabis
by John
Citation:   John. "I Don't Know if This Was PCP or Not: An Experience with Cannabis (exp67324)". Erowid.org. Nov 16, 2017. erowid.org/exp/67324

smoked Cannabis
    smoked Unknown

[Erowid Note: Some authors report suspicions that their cannabis has been 'laced' (adulterated), in some cases, presumably with PCP. While this is possible, readers should be aware that idiosyncratic response to the effects of cannabis (usually higher doses) can lead some users to presume their cannabis has been 'laced'. There is no way to know if the cannabis in the report below was adulterated or not. Reports of plant material and cannabis laced with powerful synthetic cannabinoids and other psychoactive substances became more common starting in 2007.]

This happened to me last year and never really took any other notice to it seriously, until last night. My friends and I were having a discussion last night about weird drug experiences and this triggered me bringing up the story of this experience from last year.

So last November, a kid I knew that lived in my dorm asked if I wanted to smoke with him. I said sure and we went outside to the Mississippi River banks to go smoke. He showed me the bag, but didnít let me hold it, on the way down to the river and it didnít look like most weed Iíve seen. This was brown and kinda crystaly. He just said it was old and just a bunch of shake. Iím like cool and we got to where we needed to be and packed the first bowl.

We smoked the first one and it hit just like it normally did for me, nothing new. It was a given we werenít smoking just one bowl and he starts to pack another one. We smoke that and immediately after, I feel super high. I feel really light and unstable and I can barely hold myself up. Looking around, the world is just smooth and vivid, like I was put in something out of A Scanner Darkly. He asks if I want to rez it, and I, still thinking I was just really high, said yes. We rezed out a big amount and then we sat and talked there for a minute. Talking was hard because it was like my body was on overload from trying to hold my composure and communicate at the same time, but I could do it, it was just really over worked and tense. I become really paranoid all of a sudden because weíre under a bridge and think people are watching me in the forest. Out of the corner of my eyes, I would see little Ewok type forms peeking out behind trees. I started freaking out a little bit and became uneasy, but figured it was cool because the kid I was with wasnít freaking out, so I was just high.

We begin to run up the hill to get back on campus and I see the Deku Tree from Zelda in the forest. I yell to my friend, ďHoly shit! Itís the Deku Tree!Ē and the kid just responds that Iím high. We walk back across campus to our dorm and when we came to the lights, everything was so vivid it glowed and it all had black lines around it. I told him this and heís like, ďI donít have that, but you arenít the first kid to say that after smoking this stuff.Ē Then I see the tree from Kirbyís Dreamland (the one that spits clouds) in the tree off to my side. I started laughing and we walk inside. We order pizza and sit around and watch TV for a bit and the whole time I feel a crazy body buzz and everything is still vividly animated. We get the pizza and his roommate and his older brother come by. They sit down and after about five minutes I start to pick a fight with this kids brother for no reason, making fun of the way he talks and his nose and every response I gave was a sarcastic or passive aggressive stab at someone. The whole time I was doing this I had no idea why I was fighting with these guys, but it happened so naturally and unmercifully. After about a minutes worth I snapped back and said I was really high and Iím just going to my room and apologized to everyone.

In my room, I leave my lights off, but turn on a black light, because I feel itís necessary. I had this feeling like if I didnít do it that way, it would be really bad news. So I go and sit down at my computer and begin to listen to music. I lost track of how long I was listening at it, but the computer just pulled me in. Iíve never had a body high this intense. I seriously felt like I was getting electrocuted by sound waves.
I seriously felt like I was getting electrocuted by sound waves.
Then the computer began to fade away into space, like a flashback in a movie, and suck me into it. While it was sucking me in, I could see the sound waves shoot past my face and the sound violently running through my body. I saw this as reality, but not fully. What it was like was seeing it with your eyes and then your brain drawing the stuff in over the image in your head and then sending it back to your eyes in the form of an overhead transparency. Some reason while I was listening to music, I had to just listen to really scary and freaky music. Like the intro to ďComfortably NumbĒ and a song of a bunch of people screaming like their dying and a record playing backwards (Foreknown- ďSpeechlessĒ). It freaked me out, but I had to do it, If I didnít things would feel off.

I scanned to bedroom half of the dorm room. I looked into crystal clear, sharp picture of reality and I see an Indian come out of my wall and sit down at my roommateís desk. It didnít talk and didnít look at me. It was just sitting there and I started freaking out. I get up and stand in the doorway between the two halves of the room and scan the living room area. The first thing I see is a mirror right in front of me. I look into it, but my reflectionís actions and movements donít match my own. It was moving back and forth and looked very evil. This freaked me out so I turned away and saw zombies come out of my couch. And a robot rolling around on the floor. I turn to go back to my computer and out the window I see a man in a white tuxedo standing underneath a lamppost looking up at me. I thought that it was the devil.

I turned back to my computer and pull out my phone and start calling everyone I know and tell them I need someone to come by my room. Iím freaking out harder than ever at this point, Iím frantic. My roommate comes in after what seems forever and is confused whatís going on and if Iím cool. I tell him the story of what happened up to that point and he walks by me to go to his desk. When he walked by, his face looked like a troll's. It wasnít his normal face at all. He goes to his desk and I continue to listen to music. He comes over asking what Iím listening too because itís scary as hell. Before he came over and while we were talking, I began to feel really uneasy and made to grab a switchblade early in this conversation. So he came over and leaned up to my face and he turned into the devil. Full on horns and color, everything. I flip shit and click open the knife and make a stab for him. He thankfully dodges out of the way and freaks out that I almost stabbed him. I come to then and hand him the knife and tell him to go find these kids from our hall that are seasoned drug veterans. He leaves and I sit and wait for what seems like an hour and they come bursting into the room.

I tell them whatís happening and they all try and figure out what I took and were asking me questions about it. Color, smell, taste. I answered them and during this they decided to turn the lights on. I felt a bit better at first, but then felt really vulnerable and wanted them back off. As the convo. is still going, I kinda zone out and start looking around at my posters. The black on them made them look very cartoon-like. Almost like it was watching real, 3D life on your wall. So one of my posters (A GTA San Andreas one with the girl with the sunglasses bending over) came out of the wall and took off her sunglasses and she had black pits for eyes. She looked at me for a minute, then started bleeding out of the pits and then turned into a man with a black suit on with zombie like face. I freak out, because this is happening two feet from my face and start to cry in my friendís lap. At this point, everyone freaks out and tells me I need to go outside.

We walk outside and have a cig. I begin to feel really good now, like Iím not high anymore. It was 2:30 in the morning and I smoked at 8:30-9 pm. We sit and smoke and I tell them what it was like and look over at the cafeteriaís lobby and see a dark figure in a black tuxedo. I begin to feel really brave and wanted to confront it, so I begin to walk over to it. My friends are in my wake saying there is nothing there, but I donít listen. We get about 50 feet from the doors and it vanishes. I agree with them and said to myself I was just high on drugs and it wasnít real. We walk back to the dorm smoking area (this isnít part of the high, It was done right after that last part, but this is more of a weird coincidence). I look over at the cafeteria doors and a guy walks out of the cafeteria lobby in a white shirt and black pants. Everyone freaked out and looked at me with really puzzled looks and amazement. We all went inside and thatís it.

I researched my symptoms a little bit and Iím thinking it was PCP, but could it be something else? All I know was that it was a shitty time, I wasn't prepared for it, it was horrible.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 67324
Published: Nov 16, 2017Views: 546
Cannabis (1) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Entities / Beings (37), Music Discussion (22), What Was in That? (26), Difficult Experiences (5)