Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
Just a Taste
Absinthe (homemade)
by Bloodlvst
Citation:   Bloodlvst. "Just a Taste: An Experience with Absinthe (homemade) (exp66890)". Erowid.org. Feb 17, 2011. erowid.org/exp/66890

400 mg oral Modafinil (daily)
  50 mg oral Pharms - Sertraline (daily)
  50 mg oral Pharms - Aripiprazole (daily)
  1 tsp oral Absinthe

As I write this, I am still slightly intoxicated. I have been experimenting with the creation of absinthe-like-beverages for quite some time now and I feel I have succeeded.

The color: A beautiful clear yellow-green

The louche: A surprisingly beautiful cream-white or bone-white with a slight yellow tinge.

The taste: bitter but also quite sweet, the sugar at the bottom of the glass makes it nearly syrupy, strong Anise, hints of Juniper, mint, and the slightest aftertaste of something a bit like Cannabis.

The feelings: even diluted, there is a slight burn as it hits my tongue and a warmth as it hits my stomach. The effect is nearly immediate, my thought processes are completely different, I don't feel particularly creative, as such, but I feel a sense of....'poetry' in my surroundings, almost as though I could spend years describing, in intimate detail, the precise nature of one thing without fear of boredom.

I am quite calm but I am not tired at all, I think I shall go make myself a cup of tea and read a nice book.

Cheers.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 66890
Published: Feb 17, 2011Views: 4,808
Absinthe (4) : General (1), Alone (16)