More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contributed $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Fading Care of Feelings
Anadenanthera peregrina
by Ghost301
Citation:   Ghost301. "Fading Care of Feelings: An Experience with Anadenanthera peregrina (exp66568)". Erowid.org. Oct 30, 2007. erowid.org/exp/66568

3 seeds insufflated Anadenanthera peregrina (ground / crushed)

Prep.:
The seeds are baked by placing a seed on top of a lit light bulb seems to work for me better than in a stove or any other. Seeds are crushed in a mortar and pestle to a very fine powder. Then seeds are mixed with baking soda and a bit of water. After placing the brown sludge over a lightbulb set in a lamp I waited. After the mix is completely dried I crush it again in the mortar and pestle. It is ready.

Setting and Mind Set:
Sitting in my room very anxious. This would be my second yopo attempt first attempt was ill prepared and gave me all the bads without the goods. I sat there with well prepared powder in a medium sized line breathed in and out and dove in. One nostril, Two nostrils. Oh god it burns. I run into the bathroom and calm myself down.

Experience:

T=+0:30
In the bathroom staring at myself in the mirror. My Shower is on to calm me. The pain is intense but not anything i can't handle. My face is burning and drool is coming out of my mouth. I know that soon I will be vomiting. Correct, I am currently vomiting but the effects are starting to kick in so I really don't care my vomit actually looks neat in yopo vision and I'm staring at it.

T=+5:00
The effects are now full blown there are many colors and if I close my eyes I can see a spirograph spinning out of control. I decide to take a shower just to experiment it is very relaxing and to my surprise i notice all feelings have become simply feelings. It was like if I feel pain and I tell myself that it is all in my mind. All feelings did not feel good or bad they were just feelings. Moving around is also very easy.

T=+15:00
I'm done with my shower and lay down in my bed I feel very good and all effects are still the same. I turn on my Zen CD for some peace.

T=+30:00
The effects start to change. Now there are transparent planes All over my room. It looks like there are windows all over my room. Also my room is green.

T=+35:00
My ceiling is moving and there are transparent tentacles coming out of my ceiling light. There are also geometric patterns all over the ceiling they look very fancy.

T=+45:00
I look up at three dots on the ceiling and realize that this must be how people made up star constellations. These three dots make up a horses face but look nothing like a horse without the yopo.

T=+65:00
The effects are gone and I feel great I turn on family guy and have some good laughs.

All in all this was a great experience and I can't wait to try again with lime in the mix. A word of advice is when this stuff is in your nose don't breath in through your nose and blow the stuff out when it starts to take effect.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 66568
Published: Oct 30, 2007Views: 7,341
Anadenanthera peregrina (285) : General (1), Alone (16)