Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Personal Hiatus Report
MDMA (Ecstasy)
by Goblox69
Citation:   Goblox69. "Personal Hiatus Report: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy) (exp66530)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2011. erowid.org/exp/66530

MDMA
      Tryptophan - 5-HTP

From the time I first tried MDMA in '04, I had NEVER taken more than 1 tablet in an 8 hour period, not even today. Additionally, most people's experiences last for 2-3 hours, mine last 4-8 hours PEAKING. There was even one time (which I later found out to be MDA) that the peak lasted 12 hours, and the onset was only 15 minutes.

Anyways, enough backstory: after taking a pill every weekend (or every other) for about 8 months (resulting in 15 uses) I quit for 18 months. 12 months in, I started taking the seratonin-producing amino acid 5-HTP, and I took this every day for the following 6 months. When I dropped a pill once again, it had literally felt my 1st time all over again. And I did this in the name of scientific research.

P.S. Obviously I've done my chemistry homework...lol.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 66530
Published: Feb 16, 2011Views: 1,250
MDMA (3), Tryptophan - 5-HTP (196) : Loss of Magic (34), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)