Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Perfect Diversion
Pregabalin (Lyrica)
by DevilDoc
Citation:   DevilDoc. "Perfect Diversion: An Experience with Pregabalin (Lyrica) (exp66286)". Erowid.org. Apr 30, 2010. erowid.org/exp/66286

author logo
300 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (pill / tablet)

The last time I ordered my medication from an international pharmacy (much cheaper than even my co-pay) I noticed an interesting new med called Lyrica. Actually, the brand name didn't seem too interesting... it was the generic name pregabalin. Whenever I see the term 'GABA' I know it has to be psychoactive.

I ordered one box of 14 300mg pills and decided to give them a test drive. My first experience was nice - palpable mood lift, slight disorientation, a little energy, altered thought process... in general it was a perfect diversion. I would liken its effects to the come up of a nice mellow MJ high. Except it lasts for around 5 hours, which to me is perfect.

I didn't experience any side or adverse effects, nor did it affect my sleep. The only troubling part of the high is that I tended to slur my speech a tad. Maybe more than a tad. I knew exactly what I wanted to say, but the transmission from brain to mouth was somehow interrupted. I felt a little self conscious and tried my best to avoid interaction with others.

Overall this was a great time - it was relaxing and fun. I'll be finishing the pack in time, but one other nice part of this med is that it doesn't seem to cause dependence. At least not with me.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 66286
Published: Apr 30, 2010Views: 32,544
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : General (1), First Times (2), Unknown Context (20)