It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
A Novelty Not Worth Repeating
Diphenhydramine
by x
Citation:   x. "A Novelty Not Worth Repeating: An Experience with Diphenhydramine (ID 66109)". Erowid.org. Oct 10, 2007. erowid.org/exp/66109

DOSE: 75 mg IV Diphenhydramine

I intravenously Injected 75mg of diphenhydramine at about 12:30am. I had difficulty finishing the injection due to the rapid effects. I tried to stand to get a cotton ball and throw away the needle, but my coordination was too poor and I almost fell. I lost consciousness about 30-60 seconds after the drug was administered. I awoke abruptly at 4:00am still feeling quite sedated. I tried to move around but felt very sedated and disconnected. I drank a glass of water and fell back asleep. The next morning's after effects almost none.

Other than the novelty of losing a few hours, it wasn't really a recreational experience.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 66109