Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Very Uncomfortable Night
H.B. Woodrose
by anonymous
Citation:   anonymous. "Very Uncomfortable Night: An Experience with H.B. Woodrose (exp66107)". Mar 9, 2010.

T+ 0:00
7 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose
  T+ 1:35 1/2 bowl smoked Cannabis


I had experimented with Woodrose seeds a few times prior to this. My first time I took 6 orally, and nothing much happened. The other times were with a sublingual technique, which created no effect. I was confident though, that this time would bring results. I should note that I have been diagnosed with a mild mental disorder, Asperger's Syndrome. This may have affected my experience in some way.

I start preparing the seeds, scraping the husk off each of them. It was a hard task, and took a long time. Eventually I settle with what I have, even though there is a fair bit of the brown coating still attached. I crush the seeds and soak them in bottled water for about 10 minutes.

At 9:25 PM I drink the water along with the seeds. Right after, I take 2 chewables of Pepto-Bismol. Nothing much to report for the next few hours except a placebo effect. After an hour I start to think nothing is going to happen, so I take a short bath. Afterwards, I go back into my room and watch television.

At around 10:45 I start to feel tired. I lay down on my bed for a while. I start to notice some nausea coming on. It's not too bad, but I fear it may escalate. I start debating whether I should smoke a bowl to ease the nausea, as I am feeling quite sedated and don't feel like getting up. I still don't notice any particular psychoactive effects at this point.

At 11:00 I decide to smoke. I pack half a bowl in my vaporizer. As soon as I finish it, I feel a high coming on. At first it feels like a normal cannabis high, but it quickly changes into something else. The nausea fades away. I feel strange. I realize that I have been sitting in my chair, staring at the tv in the same awkward position for the last 10 minutes, not moving a muscle. The state I'm in is hard to explain. I start to feel uncomfortable at an escalating rate. Emotions pour over me. I suddenly feel very excited and anxious. I want to scream out in agony and bliss at the same time. Everything around me is incredibly confusing. I think I'm losing my mind. I start thinking about how in the early LSD tests, the chemical was believed to induce temporary psychosis. I then ask myself if this is the case with LSA. I try and look at myself through outside eyes. I see myself, staring at a television, making blubbering noises which sound like laughing combined with weeping. I don't see any difference between me and someone who is mentally ill. I wouldn't mind so much, if I had been enjoying myself. But there was nothing good about this state of mind. As soon as it kicked in, all I could think of was getting out of it.

At 11:20, I get a bad pain coming from my stomach. I fear it's related to nausea. I decide to seek comfort in my bed again. The pain goes away, but I am still uncomfortable. After a number of minutes lying in the same position, I am overwhelmed by an odd feeling. My muscles seem to be tightening. I am laying in somewhat of a fetal position, and my arms and legs seem to be tightening inward. This intensifies, and I am not sure what to think of it. It is not painful, so I don't worry. Soon after, my body starts to feel quite large. It seems like I am able to feel an extension of my body. I attribute this to being aware of my aura. It is a few inches high. After a few minutes, this sensation leaves.

After this, time becomes vague. I remember looking at the clock in the hour of 12:00 AM. I continue to lay in my bed, watching television. Occasionally something will happen that makes me laugh in odd ways, which causes me to question whether that was really me who laughed. I am still very uncomfortable. Even though I'm very tired, I know I will not be able to sleep for a few hours still. I want to get out of bed and get my mind on other things, but I am too very sedated to use much energy. I toss and turn. Nausea starts to set in again. This time, moderately strong. I breathe deeply to keep from making it worse. My breathing soon becomes very heavy. I look at the clock and it's suddenly 2:00 AM! I had lost track of two hours. It had seemed like time almost jumped ahead while I wasn't looking. The rest of the night continues in this pattern. Suddenly it's 5:00 AM. I may have fallen asleep before now, because it feels like I just came to. I feel considerably less uncomfortable. I quickly go to the bathroom to take the piss I've been holding in all night. My pupils look to be their normal size. I go back to bed right after this, and fall asleep quickly.

I continue waking up in short intervals throughout the morning. The two hour time jump happens again between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM. At this time I still feel the strong effects of the night before. Still very sedated. Still feeling insane. But it is fading. As I type this, it is close to 6:00 PM of the same day. The feelings from the morning are still here. I'm in a groggy, sickly state. I'm sure I will be better tomorrow. I'm likely never doing LSA again, as there was nothing enjoyable of it.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 66107
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Mar 9, 2010Views: 13,431
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
H.B. Woodrose (26) : Alone (16), General (1)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults