Citation: DrGonzo. "Noman's DMT Extraction a Success: An Experience with DMT (exp66085)". Erowid.org. Oct 1, 2007. erowid.org/exp/66085
After two failures trying to do QT's (patience intensive) DMT extraction, I tried Noman's 'DMT For the Masses' extraction, and the results were great.
1) I pulverized 27 grams of rootbark in a blender, then froze and thawed the plant material twice in order to break down the plant's cellular structure.
2) Made a solution of 405ml of water with 27 of NaOH* (aka lye).
3) Put both the the powdered plant material and NaOH solution in a mason jar, shook vigorously for approximately 1 hour as I watched TV. The jar heated up significantly during this reaction. Pressure also built up inside it, requiring me to vent it every few minutes to avoid a very unwanted detonation.
4) After solution ceased giving off heat, I transferred it to a seperatory funnel and added 30ml of Coleman Fuel (naptha). The seperatory funnel was then capped and turned end-over-end for several minutes. This was done periodically for three hours. The naptha was then seperated and put in a beaker.
5) Repeated step 4 one more time with the same plant juice.
6) All the naptha was combined into a single beaker and put in the freezer over night.
7) The next morning, hundreds of pretty little crystals were covering the glass. I poured the naptha through a coffee filter into a collection jar, then scraped all the crystals onto the filter and let them dry.
8) Crystals were washed with non-sudsy ammonia, dried, and put to use! Done in less than 24 hours!
*Be CAREFUL with NaOH, people!
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center for permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.