Read about Erowid in The New Yorker
"The Trip Planners: The unusual couple behind an online
encyclopedia of psychoactive substances." Nov 16, 2015
Just Wanted Sleep
by Soviet_Ninja
Citation:   Soviet_Ninja. "Just Wanted Sleep: An Experience with Amitriptyline (ID 65985)". Feb 12, 2008.

DOSE: 50 mg oral Pharms - Amitriptyline (pill / tablet)

I was bored one day so I decided to crack out these amitriptyline pills that had been lying around. I took two and waited for it to kick in. When it had kicked in, I instantly became incredibly tired, and just wanted sleep. After about 2 hours later I just could not take it any more so I went to bed at 10 p.m.

The next morning I awoke when someone woke me up and I had slept in greatly. In school it was challenging to just keep awake. Finally school ended and I had woke up a bit more than in the morning.

In conclusion, it wasn't fun and all I got was extremely tired. It did make going to sleep a lot more comfortable, though.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 65985